33. "Hear another parable. There was a man who was a master of a household, who planted a vineyard, set a hedge about it, dug a winepress in it, built a tower, leased it out to farmers, and went into another country.
34. When the season for the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the farmers, to receive his fruit.
35. The farmers took his servants, beat one, killed another, and stoned another.
36. Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they treated them the same way.
37. But afterward he sent to them his son, saying, 'They will respect my son.'
38. But the farmers, when they saw the son, said among themselves, 'This is the heir. Come, let's kill him, and seize his inheritance.'
39. So they took him, and threw him out of the vineyard, and killed him.
40. When therefore the lord of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those farmers?"
41. They told him, "He will miserably destroy those miserable men, and will lease out the vineyard to other farmers, who will give him the fruit in its season."
1. He began to speak to them in parables. "A man planted a vineyard, put a hedge around it, dug a pit for the winepress, built a tower, rented it out to a farmer, and went into another country.
2. When it was time, he sent a servant to the farmer to get from the farmer his share of the fruit of the vineyard.
3. They took him, beat him, and sent him away empty.
4. Again, he sent another servant to them; and they threw stones at him, wounded him in the head, and sent him away shamefully treated.
5. Again he sent another; and they killed him; and many others, beating some, and killing some.
6. Therefore still having one, his beloved son, he sent him last to them, saying, 'They will respect my son.'
7. But those farmers said among themselves, 'This is the heir. Come, let's kill him, and the inheritance will be ours.'
8. They took him, killed him, and cast him out of the vineyard.
9. What therefore will the lord of the vineyard do? He will come and destroy the farmers, and will give the vineyard to others.