1 .He also spoke a parable to them that they must always pray, and not give up,
2. saying, "There was a judge in a certain city who didn't fear God, and didn't respect man.
3. A widow was in that city, and she often came to him, saying, 'Defend me from my adversary!'
4. He wouldn't for a while, but afterward he said to himself, 'Though I neither fear God, nor respect man,
5. yet because this widow bothers me, I will defend her, or else she will wear me out by her continual coming.'"
6. The Lord said, "Listen to what the unrighteous judge says.
7. Won't God avenge his chosen ones, who are crying out to him day and night, and yet he exercises patience with them?
8. I tell you that he will avenge them quickly. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"
9. He spoke also this parable to certain people who were convinced of their own righteousness, and who despised all others.