42. Watch therefore, for you don't know in what hour your Lord comes.
43. But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what watch of the night the thief was coming, he would have watched, and would not have allowed his house to be broken into.
44. Therefore also be ready, for in an hour that you don't expect, the Son of Man will come.
45. "Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his lord has set over his household, to give them their food in due season?
46. Blessed is that servant whom his lord finds doing so when he comes.
47. Most assuredly I tell you that he will set him over all that he has.
48. But if that evil servant should say in his heart, 'My lord is delaying his coming,'
49. and begins to beat his fellow-servants, and eat and drink with the drunken,
50. the lord of that servant will come in a day when he doesn't expect it, and in an hour when he doesn't know it,
51. and will cut him in pieces, and appoint his portion with the hypocrites; there is where the weeping and grinding of teeth will be.
34. "It is like a man, traveling to another country, having left his house, and given authority to his servants, and to each one his work, and also commanded the doorkeeper to keep watch.
35. Watch therefore, for you don't know when the lord of the house is coming, whether at evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or in the morning;
36. lest coming suddenly he might find you sleeping.
37. What I tell you, I tell all: Watch."
35. "Let your loins be girded and your lamps burning.
36. Be like men watching for their lord, when he returns from the marriage feast; that, when he comes and knocks, they may immediately open to him.
37. Blessed are those servants, whom the lord will find watching when he comes. Most assuredly I tell you, that he will dress himself, and make them recline, and will come and serve them.
38. They will be blessed if he comes in the second or third watch, and finds them so.
39. But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what hour the thief was coming, he would have watched, and not allowed his house to be broken into.
40. Therefore be ready also, for the Son of Man is coming in an hour that you don't expect him."
41. Peter said to him, "Lord, are you telling this parable to us, or to everybody?"
42. The Lord said, "Who then is the faithful and wise steward, whom his lord will set over his household, to give them their portion of food at the right times?
43. Blessed is that servant whom his lord will find doing so when he comes.
44. Truly I tell you, that he will set him over all that he has.
45. But if that servant says in his heart, 'My lord delays his coming,' and begins to beat the menservants and the maidservants, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken,
46. then the lord of that servant will come in a day when he isn't expecting him, and in an hour that he doesn't know, and will cut him in two, and place his portion with the unfaithful.
47. That servant, who knew his lord's will, and didn't prepare, nor do what he wanted, will be beaten with many stripes,
48. but he who didn't know, and did things worthy of stripes, will be beaten with few stripes. To whoever much is given, of him will much be required; and to whom much was entrusted, of him more will be asked.